Radiant orchid is the colour of the year as announced by Pantone. Celebrities have been wearing it and you must have seen it in the shops by now. Here are a few tips on how to wear this colour:
- It is a very saturated colour, so you can use it as an accent with accessories like statement heels or a cute bag, like Jessica Alba, who carried a tote in the colour.
- It is also great for colour blocking; combine it with other brights like orange, lemon or teal or neutrals like camel and grey. Make note of the dress Ms Alba wore! Keep the silhouette clean and the look accessory less.
- Orchid really pops in a print, especially on a darker background. We predict more dark florals in orchid this year!
- Let orchid give a fresh look to your make up. Try it in an eye shadow or nail polish, and if you are feeling bold, wear an orchid hued lippie, as seen in Prabal Gurung’s Spring Summer 2014 show.
- It is easy for colour shy guys to try, as it is not as feminine as a baby pink or peach. Wear softer tones in formal shirts, and brighter ones in a t-shirt or sweater and you can always layer it with something in a more traditionally masculine shade. Still not convinced? Start with accessories like sunglasses or a cap. [Tips source from: fashion.myntra]