Radiant Orchid is an enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink. According to Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. “It is a captivating purple — one that draws you in with its beguiling charm,” she said. Eiseman told the Associated Press that she expects people will take to it quickly because it’s a flattering color for many skin tones, and because it’s something people haven’t seen in a while. Radiant Orchid (officially Pantone 18-3224) looks nice paired against olive and deeper hunter greens, as well as turquoise, teal and light yellows.
While 2013’s top color — Emerald — served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination, according to Eiseman. “An invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society,” she said.
Here are a few tips on how to wear this colour:
- It is a very saturated colour, so you can use it as an accent with accessories like statement heels or a cute bag, like Jessica Alba, who carried a tote in the colour.
- It is also great for colour blocking; combine it with other brights like orange, lemon or teal or neutrals like camel and grey. Make note of the dress Ms Alba wore! Keep the silhouette clean and the look accessory less.
- Orchid really pops in a print, especially on a darker background. We predict more dark florals in orchid this year!
- Let orchid give a fresh look to your make up. Try it in an eye shadow or nail polish, and if you are feeling bold, wear an orchid hued lippie, as seen in Prabal Gurung’s Spring Summer 2014 show.
- It is easy for colour shy guys to try, as it is not as feminine as a baby pink or peach. Wear softer tones in formal shirts, and brighter ones in a t-shirt or sweater and you can always layer it with something in a more traditionally masculine shade. Still not convinced? Start with accessories like sunglasses or a cap. [Tips source from: fashion.myntra]