One is a supermodel and the other is an actress. Alek Wek’s success in the industry comes from her very distinctive looks. Lupita Nyog’o success comes from her acting prowess followed by instant magazine modelling career. Many designers wants to clothe them and many magazines wants them to graze the cover of their magazines. They have both grazed several catwalk shows and red carpet events. They are successful at what they do; though they both hailed from different African countries, they both bear similar resemblance. We look at the similarities between these African beauties.
1. They are both African. Lupita is from Zimbabwe, Alek Wek is from South Sudan.
2. They both have very distinctive look characterized by long lean legs, very dark skin, closely cropped hair and piercing gaze.
3. They represent ethnic diversity for magazines.
4. They represent African art.
5. They have both grazed cover of magazines.
6. They are both fashion influencers, though Alek Wek was there first, Lupita is fast rising up to the position.
7. They are both strong characters with great personalities.
8. Simply because they are beautiful. Black is beautiful.
Here are some of their fashion statements. Do you think they have similar fashion sense as much as they similar success strengths?